Do you want to know how much you should expect to pay for your wedding?
According to a 2023 report by Zola, the average wedding costs $29,000 USD. However, we all know that average industry numbers do not take into account how unique every wedding is. Therefore, average wedding cost estimates aren’t always helpful. So we are going to use a real example to help you understand how much to expect to spend on your wedding.
Let’s jump into things.
First, let’s start off with all of the types of vendors that will be needed for a wedding. For this example, we will assume that the following are needed:
- Catering & Venue
- Dance Floor
- Hair and Makeup Artist
- Mehndi (for Indian weddings)
- Photo Booth
- Tent (commonly used for Indian weddings)
- Wedding Planning
Next, let’s jump into the numbers. Please note that:
- These numbers are based on real price quotes that we gathered in 2022/2023 from vendors in lower mainland British Columbia. More price quotes are available in our price list.
- These estimates assume a guest count of 100 people, for a wedding reception only.
- The cost is being expressed in CAD.
Therefore, your numbers may vary.
After adding up all the numbers, the total price for just the reception will be $38,614 CAD. If your wedding is going to consist of multiple events, it may make sense, then it may make sense to multiply that number by the number of events you’ll hold.
In summary, a reception seems like it will cost at least $38,614. Depending on your location, number of events, guest count, and taste, the cost may be higher or lower.
If you’d like this example in the form of a spreadsheet, let us know by filling out the form below.
Otherwise, does it seem like we missed anything?
Add a comment